News and Updates.
|Posted by email@example.com on June 7, 2013 at 5:20 PM||comments (1)|
It has been a great start to summer already! We are looking very good for numbers, had a great beginning to rehearsals in our 3-day camp, guard and percussion are off and rolling well, and we had several out for the first round of conditioning.
Just a few items to bring to your attention:
- CAR WASH! Please get pledges/donations. PLEASE bring your cars! Once you have collected the $$ after the car wash, you can either drop it off at the blue box near the band room (the kids should know where it is!), or you can send it to PO Box 72, Santa Claus.
- BAND DUES! If you haven't yet, please send in your first installment toward band dues. If we get a great start with these, we can better plan our expenses through the summer. Also, if you haven't sent in your band agreement form, please send that as well, THANKS! If you haven't received the band agreement form, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leadership Workshop. Due to some calendar complications, I need to cancel the leadership workshop. We will incorporation some of the lessons from this into our band camp schedule.
- Band Trip. We are beginning to close in on information for the band trip. Be looking for information on a parent and student meeting COMING SOON!
- Band Boosters. The Booster Executive Board is in place and off to a great start. We will be scheduling a full booster meeting for late June/early July. Please keep an eye out for that, as we will need as many families represented as possible.
- Adopt-a-band. I am working with Etymotic Research, Inc., and their "adopt-a-band" program. We will be trying to solicit around $600 in donations specifically to help fight student hearing loss in the Patriot Band. For those who have never been in the middle of one of our reherasals, we can get VERY loud. If we are able to reach this level of funding, we will be able to secure 2 pair of specially designed earplugs for each band member. I own two pair of these plugs myself, and have used them while playing and while conducting- they work as advertised! If you know someone who may be interested in donating for this cause, please have them contact me. I will be adding some more information to the band website in the next week.
- Summer Homework. The band students are asked to have as much of the following items memorized before July 22.
- School Song
- America The Beautiful
- Crazy In Love
I hope you are all having a great summer, and can get some family time in!